Tuesday 10 April 2018

Call Me by Your Name by André Aciman


"It was moments such as these that left me feeling so vulnerable, so naked."


So, first of all greetings from the USA - actually I'm on my way out to Mexico but that's my current location. So, I did read this fantastic novel on the way over from Australia to New York, a very long way my friends. I struggled to read most of the time and so this rather slim volume took me some time.

Having already seen the movie, I was keen to experience the novel from whence it came. I'm mindful also that its author will be visiting Sydney for the Writer's Festival. I hope its not sold out on my return- must look into that!

This is a beautiful love story that just happens to be about two young men. Their caution and misunderstanding makes for an intense read. If you've heard of the infamous scene in the movie involving fruit, it is in the source material and just as sticky. That is the only particularly saucy moment that I can recall, overall this is just a searingly beautiful romance and coming of age story.

 5 out of 5 and I now feel like a Peach Bellini.


No comments:

Post a Comment